Saturday, January 28

Aufwiedersehen

I officially quit my job! YAYAYAYAYAYY! Finally! After months of job searching I finally found something that sounds kind of interesting. I'm going to start working for this private jet/private plane concierge service in Santa Monica. Monday is my first day, so we'll see how it goes ;] Although everyone close to me knows how much I hated working at Tada, I did love the people that I worked with (well .. maybe I hated my boss, but he gave me a goodbye and good luck hug on Friday and it kind of melted my heart). I'm going to miss them all! I decided blueberry muffins were as good a way of saying goodbye as any. I got the recipe for these off of one of my favorite cooking blogs, Smitten Kitchen. 


[clockwise from top: all-purpose flour, unsalted butter, lemons, baking soda, blueberries, salt, sour cream, sugar, baking powder, large eggs] 


I took myself over to Target and invested in some mini-muffin pans for this recipe (you can do full size if you prefer, but I wanted to make a ton so everyone could snack on them throughout the day). You can use muffin liners or you can do the parchment paper trick, but I just brushed the sides of the muffin pan with butter because, c'mon - who doesn't like a crispy, buttery crust on their muffins?? 








Start by turning your oven to 375 so it can start heating up. Then use an electric mixer to beat together 5 tbsp. of unsalted butter and ½ c. of sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy (this works best if the butter is softened). Then add in 1 large egg and beat the mixture together well. Next drop in ¾ c. sour cream and ½ tsp. of lemon zest. 












Now in a separate bowl mix together 1 ½ c. all-purpose flour, 1 ½ tsp. baking powder, ¼ tsp. baking soda, and ¼ tsp. salt. The recipe asks you to put this into a sifter and sift it slowly into the wet batter but I don't own a sift so I just added the dry mixture a couple spoonfuls at a time. Mix these together until the flour just disappears. Then fold in ¾ c. blueberries. 













Since I turned these into minis I had to alter the cooking time. The original recipe called for the muffins to cook for 25-30 minutes but in mini-size they only need to cook for about 13-15 minutes. Just keep an eye on them towards the end. 









mmmmmmm. 
I am SO glad that I made these! They were amazing (and so easy to make!!!). Let me know how yours turn out ... and if you would tweak the recipe at all! 



No comments:

Post a Comment